map-marker Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Went into the store to purchase a coffee and was told I had to wait 15 minutes because of shift change

Went in to get a cup of coffee that was 2:45 a.m. was told that they can not check me out until 3:00 a.m. I thought you were open 24-7
Patricia L Grf

Ice cream issue

Turkey Hill Dairy - Ice cream issue
Turkey Hill Dairy - Ice cream issue - Image 2
I purchased one Turkey Hill Chocolate Chocolate Chip and when I got home it did not have chips. I emailed Turkeu Hill who said thats very rare. So I tried 3 more times!!! No chips!! Whatva waste of money. If I wanted just Chocolate I would buy just Chocolate
Loss:
Pros:
  • Several flavors
Cons:
  • No chips in chocolate chocolate chip

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: I dont know because you can't check it before you buy it but maybe open it directly after purchase so you can get a refund

Kathy S Qrh

| map-marker Lykens, Pennsylvania

Not what advertised on carton.

I bought a container of chocolate marshmallow ice cream. When I opened it to serve to my family there was no marshmallow swirled in it. It is just plain chocolate. Very disappointed. I know companies are cutting back on the amount but this is false advertising. You are start losing customers
Loss:

Preferred solution: Apology

map-marker Pittston, Pennsylvania

Carton size cut.

Went 48 to 44. Will not buy anymore. Our local ice cream dairys still sell HALF GALLON For a few cents more. People thank they are getting bargain when turkey hillis sells for 2 for $5.00. Big joke

User's recommendation: Buy elsewhere

Kermit Gtq

| map-marker Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Not happy with ice cream

We always buy turkey hill ice cream .All different flavors and usually we are very satisfied customers. I recently bought the fudge ripple in at my hometown weis market and there was no fudge in the ice cream. I took a pic of the ice cream but don't know how to send it so you can see it for yourself. I felt totally ripped off.
Kermit Gtq

Asd

Jairon Gtu
map-marker Kutztown, Pennsylvania

Compliment a store

My issue was not with customer service. I loved them. Please send an atta boy to the Fleetwood,PA store manager. That store was clean and sharp! Special shout out to Staar,the hardest working of them.

User's recommendation: shop the Fleetwood PA store.

Jeannie E Eif

| map-marker Garner, North Carolina

To report item found in ice cream

Pieces of plastic in black raspbey ice cream purchased from Food Lion #0075 in Garner. NC. I returned to store sjth pieces I. Zip lock bag. The manHywas very concerned about my incident Just thought you needed to be I found. I could have been choked.

Preferred solution: Apology

Emmaly Jez
map-marker Brooklyn, New York

Turkey Hill ice cream product does not have a tamper proof safety seal. Why? Since the Tylenol tampering in the 1970s. All so called edible products are required by governmental law to have a safety seal.
Cons:
  • No tamper proof safety seal

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

Guest

I was very surprised that the lid came off easily and there was no clear plastic seal. I'm uneasily eating a little neapolitan ice cream, but won't buy again.

Elaine B Vow
map-marker Summit, New Jersey

Product no longer in the stores ?

Cant find diet green tea with ginseng and honey. Did you discontinue it? Ive been buying it for years. I tried your NEW diet green tea but I dont like it,

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

Elaine B Vow
map-marker Wayne, New Jersey

Product no longer in the stores ?

I cannot find my favorite tea iced tea. Its the diet green tea with ginseng and honey. I cant believe that on Amazon one person is selling one bottle of 64 ounce green tea diet for $15!
Tina P Hco

| map-marker Detroit, Michigan

Missing two sandwiches

I purchased the vanilla bean and double chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches it was only 2 in the box of four. I purchased from Kroger on January 16, 2022

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

Demetra G

| map-marker Highspire, Pennsylvania

Complaint

I'm filing a complaint on the manager/supervisor for belittling an employee directly in front of customers for an honest mistake that was made by a new employee. The employee cashed my 330 lottery ticket, not knowing he only could give me 100 and then put the rest on money order.

Now mind you, there are 2 signs of to the side, but we never saw them. Susan makes a scene in front of customers and even goes as far to say "don't do that again, or you'll be fired" then goes to ring out another customer and makes a face gesture I guess because of the error made or maybe because I ask her was it a big deal the way she was acting (which she said yes). That was no way for a person on management to handle their employee in front of customers, and that's not the first time I've seen her do it or say they'll be fired.

Susan was not wearing her professional hat, and she needs to be informed on how to handle her staff in a professional manner or she doesn't need to be a manager/supervisor, which ever one she is. I've been doing customer service for over 20 years and were taught core values when handling a consumer or a colleague, maybe Susan needs some additional training on core values that way she knows how to treat and speak to her employees!!!

Had the ticket not already been cashed I would have gave him the money back to avoid him being treated the way he was, but next time ill make sure to not cash a ticket over 300 at turkey hill or just get the 100 and then the rest in a money order.

Respectfully,

A Unhappy Customer

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: My recommendation for management not the customer learn how to treat your employees. It's hard to come by workers at this point in time so Value the ones the are showing up for the job and remember everyone makes mistakes.

Shelly Y Lze

Can’t find Turkey Hill ice cream at my Walmart

For the last 3 weeks my local Walmart in Ashland, Ohio hasnt had any Turkey Hill ice cream in the freezer case! This is highly upsetting as Turkey Hill is my husbands favorite of any ice cream ever. Weekly I buy 4 1/2 gallons and that lasts him about 7-9 days depending on if he has cake to go with it or not. HELP!! Ive had to try to find something in the mean time and hes not liked any others!
Pros:
  • Very creamy

Preferred solution: An update on why there hasn’t been any and where else close I can purchase it

Bill B Azj

| map-marker Greensburg, Pennsylvania

Rude Manager

I have been a costmer of Turkey Hill in Somerset Pa for a number of years. I realize your manager is new to the store.

That however does not give her licence to treat people as she does.

I know that in our current enviorment just getting bodies to fill positions is a challange.

I retired from the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections as a middle manager. My daily contact with the general public, required that I treat everyone with respect. I assure you that I would have started progressive disipline if a staff member had treated anyone the way i was treated and spoken to. I do not know nor am i related to anyone assocted with the store.

Im just a daily coustimer or was. Sheetz is just a 1/10th of a mile extra to drive, get milk, coffee and gasoline.

In fact with your store being at the cross road entering town from the Turnpike, is an embarrassment with grass over a foot high. Its Memorial Day weekend we recieve a lot of visitors stopping to see the 9/11 Memorial.

It appears more like innercity Phildelphia with your stores apperance and now add to that a discourtious manager locals will avoid the place. What will save your bottom line is being the first place off the exit.

User's recommendation: Turn left at the light off the turnpike and go to Sheetz. Sheetz also has bathroom for male & female costumer costumers and you won't have to wait in a long line.

Martin Z Nba

| map-marker Manor, Pennsylvania

False Misleading Product Advertising

Turkey Hill Dairy - False Misleading Product Advertising
Original review Jan 01, 2021

I love Turkey Hill Ice Cream, until today.

My favorite flavors to buy were Dutch Chocolate and Butter Pecan.

I always was impressed specifically about both the flavor and amount of Pecans that were in their Butter Pecan Ice Cream. I even used to think "how can they put so many pecans in their Ice Cream (since they are expensive).

But I assumed that it was just a Loss Leader in their line which they made up for on the other flavors.

When I purchased it at a new store Acme that I usually don't shop at, I noticed that the label said "Frozen Dairy Dessert" on the container. When I checked Turkey Hill's website, I noticed that they sell both a "Premium Ice Cream" (made from Cream and Milk) and a "Frozen Dairy Dessert" (made from vegetable oil).

So I figured that the Acme carries the Frozen Dairy Dessert that I bought and would return it and go back to Shoprite, where I normally go to buy it and get the "Butter Pecan Ice Cream".

But to my surprise, all the other flavors at Shoprite were labeled as "Premium Ice Cream", BUT ONLY THE BUTTER PECAN WAS "FROZEN DAIRY DESSERT"!

I guess some Executive at Turkey Hill decided that it was too expensive to make the Butter Pecan and didn't was to cut the amount of nuts in it (probably afraid that would be too noticeable), and instead of raising the price on all flavors a few extra pennies, choose to change the Ice Cream itself from Milk and Cream to Vegetable Oil to save some money.

On top of that, Turkey Hill went out of their way to keep the packaging looking almost exactly the same between their real Ice Cream line and their Frozen Dairy Dessert line, so you would never know without really reading the labels carefully.

I find this both disappointing and deceptive to sell a line of goods while slipping in one item that is totally different from the rest of the line and trying to hide that by making the labels look the same.

As this was always my go to ice cream that I used to love, I am really disappointed that I will have to now find an alternative brand to replace it with.

Preferred solution: Give the option back to buy real Butter Pecan Ice Cream. Raise your prices a few pennies to make up if a lost leader.

User's recommendation: Read the labels carefully so as not to get ripped off.

catherine Y Yzk
map-marker Pen Argull, Pennsylvania

Employee unprofessional use of the mask

Hi. Im a regular at the turkey hill in pen argyl, Pa was there this morning and noticed of the employees wasnt wearing her mask right. Was right below her nose. Dont know what her name is off hand. But she has blond hair and usually has it pulled pack. When I go in there shes usually has her mask below her noise. I have told the manager nicely and told the lady nicely she wasnt wearing her mask right. That store was just shut down due to covid. Hope this issue is fixable

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article